THE ACT GROUP formed in 1991 (as a group) comprises five separate companies operating under the same corporate umbrella. While utilizing the same accounting, marketing, manufacturing and service sectors, each company maintains their individual specialty field. This operating practice benefits the Group and also offers the customer a cohesive and integral supplier as the different applications work seamlessly with each other. The five companies specialize in different aspects of the bulk handling industry and venture into different avenues of environmental control.
The position is geared towards the distribution conveyor maintenance of the company. Below is a list of responsibilities and requirements of this position.
STATEMENT OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing all corrective and preventive maintenance as scheduled. Work may vary from industry to industry, but the skills outlined below are used in every aspect of the job title.
- Commitment to excellence, at all times
- Ensure efficient operation of all production lines including mechanical and electrical services.
- Ability to carry out the following functions: electrical trouble shooting, parts manufacture, and proper operation of shop equipment and all personal tools.
- Follow all Safety Policies.
- Exhibit flexibility when required for special projects or any areas when needed. (Travel a must)
- Provides operator training to fellow coworkers while on service calls.
- Assists in construction type work involving the removal or installation of equipment.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics
- General knowledge of advanced electronic controls including VFD drives, Start/Stop, starters and contactors. Proximity switches, RTD’s, and PT’s/
- Demonstrates basic electronic troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot single and three phase motors.
- Repair Pneumatic cylinders and flow control components
- Demonstrate basic problem solving analysis of mechanical systems
Repair mechanical power distribution components:
- Drive belts and chains
- Sprockets, Pulleys and Sheaves Bearings and shafts
- Gearboxes and clutches
- Repair fluid distribution components
- Manual, Motor operated and Pneumatic actuated valves
- Centrifugal and positive displacement pumps
- Fluid system filters and strainers
- Demonstrate basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word and CMMS applications.
Ability to repair and maintain the following manufacturing components:
- Product Fillers
- Box erectors and product packaging machines.
- Packaging Palletizers
- Setup and basic maintenance of ink jet coders
- Setup and basic maintenance of hot and cold glue systems
- Repair Hydraulic cylinders and flow control components
- Basic PLC troubleshooting, ability to connect to a PLC and diagnose issues
- Ability to repair and maintain the following plant support equipment
- Sorting Conveyors
- Mechanical belt splicing Boiler and steam distribution systems
- Air compressors
- Waste water systems
- HVAC systems
- Pallet Jacks and Fork Lifts
Maintenance Fabrication Skills
- TIG and MIG welding
- Lathe and Milling
If you are interested in this position please contact us for more information.