Position/Title: Human Resource Generalist I
Department: Corporate Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Updated: 01/13/2020
Summary: The Human Resource Generalist I is responsible for coordinating implementation of services, policies and programs for personnel throughout Act Group; assist and advice employees and managers about employment issues. Work independently and display a high level of independent discretion in managing human resource initiatives.
Essential Job Duties/Functions:
• Take an active role in understanding the business and employee issues company wide.
• Ensure that HR policies and processes are consistently administered both in the department and companywide.
• Provide coaching and conflict resolution to managers and employees, and work with other members of the team to make recommendations for improvements.
• Facilitate employee relations issues as needed.
· Daily Administration of all HR functions, including: employee relations, recruitment, promotions, compensation, benefit administration, payroll processing for biweekly payroll.
· Review time sheets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
· Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
· Act as a liaison regarding employee paperwork and other payroll related issues
· Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
· Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into the accounting system.
· Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
· Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
· Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
· Compile employee time, production, and payroll data as requested
· Prepare miscellaneous financial and operational reports for Chief Financial Officer upon request.
· Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
· Prepare paychecks for distribution, both for on-cycle and off-cycle payrolls.
• Record and manage employee information such as, but not limited to, personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance evaluations and termination information.
• Process unemployment claims and assist in appeals when needed.
• Clearly present information and prepare reports for management.
• Actively participate in policy and procedure development.
• Deliver a high level of service to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform a wide variety of tasks; the ability to change focus quickly as demands change is essential.
• Attend trainings and seminars to stay current on Human Resources laws, legislation, and trends.
• Conduct investigations in employee and customer situations, including but not limited to, harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies.
• Use tact when expressing ideas or opinions.
• Assess situations and make optimal and speedy decisions.
• Display honest, trustworthy and ethical behavior when dealing with internal and external customers.
• Display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment.
• Regular attendance that is punctual and dependable is required.
• Performs project work and other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Duties:
• Assist in other corporate related duties as assigned by the Upper Management.
• Assist department team members as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• Three to five year’s progressive Human Resources experience required.
• PHR/SPHR highly desirable, but not required.
• Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal employment law and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, collaborate, and lead.
• Highly organized with a record of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Must handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
• Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
• Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Must be bilingual in English/Spanish.
• Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
• Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Human Resource Generalist I to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the Company.